CHEERS TO CARLE PLACE, N.Y.! STEW LEONARD'S WINES' GRAND RE-OPENING CELEBRATION BEGINS APRIL 15
Newly Expanded Store to Offer More Than 2,000 Varieties of Wine from Around the World plus More Than 1,000 Bottles for Sale Under $15.00
CARLE PLACE, NY, March 17, 2011 – Known for providing world-class customer service and offering quality wines at great prices, Stew Leonard's Wines will re-open a newly expanded retail space in Carle Place, N.Y. on April 15, 2011. To celebrate, the store has put together a calendar of events throughout the months of April and May, including a Sopranos Wines bottle signing with acclaimed actor Steve Schirripa – a.k.a. "Bobby Bacala."
|"We have visited wineries all over the world to bring in a unique selection of wines, so whether you are looking for a hidden gem under $15 or a hard to find wine for a special occasion, I guarantee you will find something you'll love. Plus, Stew Leonard's Wines of Carle Place has some of the highest trained staff in the business, led by store manager Luigi Amato. I know our team members in Carle Place are really going to WOW our customers with great service and their thorough knowledge of wine and spirits."
|– Jill Leonard Tavello, President, Stew Leonard's Wines of Carle Place
Stew Leonard's Wines is within Carle Place's Parkway Plaza shopping center, measuring 9,020 square-feet and featuring more than 2,000 varieties of wine from around the world plus a fine wine room with highly-allocated, top-rated varietals. The newly expanded and renovated location will host daily in-store samplings, as well as numerous special events and educational wine seminars, featuring well-known wine makers and award-winning wines. The store will additionally offer more than 1,000 bottles for sale under $15.00.
Upholding Stew Leonard's Wines marketing and merchandizing philosophy, the shop does not have a "warehouse" look and feel, but rather maintains an upscale design with plenty of natural wood and soft lighting. The layout groups wines by country and varietal, with an abundance of signage and recommendations to educate and guide customers. Stew Leonard's Wines prides itself on having friendly and knowledgeable team members, many of whom are certified wine specialists, to take out the intimidation factor in buying wine and help customers find a wine that fits their tastes as well as budget.
To celebrate the grand re-opening, Stew Leonard's Wines of Carle Place will host a number of in-store events:
Stew Leonard's Wines of Carle Place
- Friday, April 15, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.: Cristina Mariani-May, family proprietor of the world-renowned Castello Banfi estate in Tuscany, will sample a selection of Banfi wines, including the award-winning Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino.
- Saturday, April 16, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Meet acclaimed actor Steve Schirripa – a.k.a. "Bobby Bacala" – at a bottle signing of The Sopranos Wines.
- Sunday, April 17, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Join Kathy Benziger of the Benziger Family Winery and sample a selection of their certified sustainable, organic or Biodynamic© wines.
- Friday, April 29, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.: As the Draft is in progress in New York City, join New York Jets former wide receiver Wesley Walker for a tasting of the New York Jets' signature wine, Jets Uncorked.
- Saturday, April 30, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.: Join Jose Cuervo & Tequila Don Julio Ambassador Manuel Aczualdez for tequila tasting to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
- Saturday, May 7, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Harry Karis, the leading U.S. authority on France's Chateauneuf-du-Pape wine region, will greet fans and sign copies of The Chateauneuf-du-Pape Wine Book.
- Saturday, May 14, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.: Join Chef David Britton, of Food Network's "Dinner Impossible," to sample fresh brick-oven pizza from the Pies On Wheels Pizza Truck and wines from Italy's Castello Monaci Estate
Address: 221 Glen Cove Road, Carle Place, N.Y.
Store Phone: 516-742-2588
Store Hours: Monday –Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.; Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To sign up to receive emails about store events, samplings and specials, visit www.stewswines.com.
About Stew Leonard's Wines
Stew Leonard's Wines is a customer-driven wine retailer, providing consumers with quality wines at great prices, world-class customer service and a pleasant shopping experience that takes the intimidation factor out of selecting wines. Each Stew Leonard's Wines shop is independently owned and operated, with three stores in Connecticut, three in New York and three in New Jersey. Stew Leonard's Wines are not a chain or cooperative buying group and are not part of the Stew Leonard's grocery chain. Each store purchases product separately. Prices may vary between stores.
Meghan Bell, Stew Leonard's Wines, 203.750.6107, email@example.com